Great Commission Women (formerly Alliance Women) encompasses any Bible studies, activities, events, meetings, etc., where women are involved. If you are a woman and attend an Alliance church, you are a Great Commission Woman.
At Bethel there are several ways you can be involved:
- A daytime meeting with a Bible study and prayer for our international workers is held on the 3rd Friday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
- A work day when we trim or sort used postage stamps that are sent to Florida and eventually sold to stamp collectors. The money is used to publish Sunday school curriculum for Spanish-speaking countries. Work days are usually the 1st Friday of the month at 2:00 p.m.
- In May each year we have a Mother/Daughter/Friend Banquet for all women and girls. This is a special time for women to invite other women who may not attend the church.
- Each December Secret Sisters are revealed at a Christmas party. This is an opportunity to get acquainted with other women and girls in the church and anonymously remember them throughout the year and pray for them on an individual basis.
- A ladies’ event during our Missions Festival, usually in February or March, with a lady international worker.